Kelly’s List of Mistakes to Avoid!
Wilmington is currently in a buyers market, make mistakes, and you will lose money and remain on the market longer. Yes, the market has changed and will continue to adjust. Listings can still have success, just ask my sellers from 2007,2008 and 2009! Being successful in 2009 by using the following info will help you get your home sold with less frustration and put more money in your pocket.
- Do not put a For Sale Sign on your property until you are completely ready to market. Remove clutter, fresh paint, well groomed landscaping, and complete repairs to any visual problem areas.
- You can avoid negotiations about repairs by doing a home inspection prior to listing the property and repairing any problems that may be found.
- Provide a Home Warranty for Buyers.
- Don’t underestimate the power of curb appeal, keeping the yard maintained, keeping the home clean and tidy everyday……. Each showing has the potential to be the buyer for your home.
- FSBO’s are taking longer to sell and sellers are getting less for the home, use a successful professional in your area.
- Avoid the urge to over price your home, it will cause you to lose time and money. This market will not absorb aggressive over pricing, there is too much competition/listings to choose from. Pricing needs to be more aggresive than your competition.
- Be prepared for your next step once your home hits the market, it could be a fast and furious pace from the day we start to settlement.
When interviewing agents to market your property keep this in mind:
a. Are they successful in today’s market?
b. What is their commitment to you, how often will you get updates, how will they market your property, who is marketing and negotiating for you - the agent or their assistant?
c. Do they have the marketing tools and knowledge in today’s market to get your home sold quickly?
This will be the short list in the process of selling your home, we will continue to evaluate with the ever changing market. We will make changes as needed according to the feedback we receive and stay ahead of the market. Let’s get started on selling your home!!!!!